The guiding principle of my position on National Security is as follows:
The primary duty of the United States government is to protect our people. Matters of National Security and Defense should never be about politics; It’s about defending America and the Citizens of the United States.
Below are some of the specific solutions that I endorse, and would like to work with my fellow legislators in implementing:
1) Clarity of Message to our allies, and our enemies, and continuing the Reagan doctrine of Peace through Strength.
- We must clearly stand by our allies, including Israel.
2) Congressional approval is required to sanction an act of war, and the congressional body should only sanction such act when our national security is at risk.
3) There is not a one-to-one correlation in Defense Spending and greater safety to U.S. citizens. We need a more targeted approach that best utilizes the dollars we have allocated for defense.
4) We must secure our borders